I offer counselling supervision in Wiltshire.
Supervision is a service I offer to not only counsellors but other therapeutic practitioners. It is an opportunity for supervisee’s to reflect on their work in a confidential setting. This allows for explorations of the work and a replenishing of the ‘soul’ and support with maintaining professional boundaries. As well as being an important aspect of providing a professional and humane service to clients, it is paramount in aiding practitioner well-being.
I offer supervision on an individual or group basis for:
- Counsellors and Psychotherapists,
- Trainee Counsellors
- Health professionals and alternative therapy practitioners
- Education Professionals
I aim to offer you a reflective and creative space whereby I support you in your work with clients to enable you to be confident, competent, creative and ethical in your practice.
The three main purposes to supervision are:
1. Normative/Administrative – Following ethical guidelines and procedures
2. Formative/Educational e.g.
- Understand the client better
- Become more aware of your own reactions and responses to the client
- Understand the dynamics of how you and the client are interacting
- Explore interventions and other ways of working
3. Restorative/Supportive – Provide a safe place for you to ‘unload’ your concerns
During our initial meeting we will negotiate a working agreement to include how we want to work together and details such as amount and length of sessions that you require relevant to your caseload and in-line with BACP or your professional body’s ethical requirements. I am also available between sessions via telephone or email for exceptional circumstances.